How To Use This Guide
This guide contains detailed instructions for the use of the LANSA Logical Modeler.
- For a general overview and notes to review before you start using the modeler, refer to the Introduction in order to become familiar with LANSA's methodology and terminology.
- A tour of the Logical Modeler's main window is provided in Getting Started.
- The various facilities you will use when creating your model are described within the heading to which they relate. For example, for all Element details, refer to Elements, for Relationship information, refer to Relationships and so on.
- A complete set of Tutorials are provided with the Logical Modeler. These tutorials provide an excellent overview of the features of the Logical Modeler.
- A sample model is shipped with the modeler. The sample model is named LANSA Logical Modeler - Example Model.ldm and is stored in the LANSA directory where the LANSA software is installed. In order to load the sample model correctly, Visual LANSA should use English as the development language. In addition, no computer names have been specified for any of the elements or entities in the model. This ensures that none of your existing repository definitions can be overwritten by the building of the model as shipped.
- If you encounter any problems when using the Logical Modeler, refer to Troubleshooting.
- To access online help for the Logical Modeler, use the Help Menu from the main window or the F1 key to display the context sensitive help.