WAM020 - WAM Navigation
- You can navigate to WebRoutines in the RDMLX as well invoking them from the web page.
- TRANSFER leaves the current WebRoutine.
- CALL returns control to the calling WebRoutine after completion.
- A field's input box can be replaced with a weblet, to display the field values differently, just by dragging and dropping.
- The Combo box weblet can be used to display a dropdown list, which uses specified list entries to populate the dropdown items.
- The list that populates the Combo box is specified via weblet properties, via the Details View.
- The Combo box weblet can be made to invoke a WebRoutine on selection change.
Tips & Techniques
- Not all lists have to be represented as browse lists. You can use a list for other purposes, as in the case of this page, which uses EMPLST to populate a dropdown list.
- Any field input boxes can be replaced with weblets, just by dragging and dropping a weblet onto them.
What I Should Know
- How the TRANSFER and CALL commands work.
- There is more than one way to go about developing an application. Depending on the situation, certain methods work better than others. You should always consider your options and try to determine which method will work best for the given task.
- How to replace fields with weblets.
- How to attach lists to a weblet using its listname property.