WAM060 - Employee Maintenance using Advanced Weblets
- This WAM combines a number of weblets to build a Windows like interface. This may not be appropriate in all cases, for example this design would not suit a public website or a web site designed for an occasional user.
- The exercise demonstrates how a fairly complex WAM can be built and tested in stages.
- The Dynamic Select Box uses AJAX technology to call a response WebRoutine that refreshes its list of values.
- A Grid column may be customized using a field visualization weblet.
- The Navigation Panel enables one area of the web page to be refreshed (the Navigation panel is an iFrame in HTML terminology).
Tip & Techniques
- When a new field has been mapped for a WebRoutine, this can be reflected in the web page (actually the XSLT transformation that produces the XHTML) using the WebRoutine Output tab, and dropping the new field onto the page.
- The WebRoutine Output tab reflects the XML, which is always updated by a compile.
- jQuery weblets require lists to be mapped as *JSON data.
What I Should Know
- How to combine a number of weblets to construct a Windows-like interface.