WAM080 - Session Management
- Session Management and persistent data provide powerful and easy to use functionality.
- Applications that handle sensitive data can be made to time out after a given wait time
- Your application could establish a common session when the user logs in.
- Common data that is established at log in could be made available to all WAMs via persistent data.
- Data required in a later step can be stored as persistent data.
- Persistent data involves additional database I/Os. Consider carefully how much data needs to be stored and restored as persistent data.
Tips & Techniques
- Persistent data is secure because it is stored on the server.
- Persistent data is secure and avoids the need to map data as hidden in and out of the web page which may introduce opportunities to "hack" your application.
- Persistent data is only available for the duration of the session. If you need to make the data permanent, then your application must store it in a database.
- Before implementing Session Management in your own applications, see the Web Application Modules guide for more detailed information on Session Management
What You Should Know
- How to implement session management.