Step 7. Test the WAM
WAM085 - Enhancing the User Interface
The WAM should be executed by calling the begin WebRoutine. However, note that calling any WebRoutine initially, will transfer control to the begin WebRoutine, via the session invalid event handling routine.
- On the Select an Employee page, you can enter a valid employee number by typing a character and selecting from the response in the AutoComplete weblet. Note that all employee numbers begin with 'A' followed by a four digit number. The weblet is set up to invoke the response WebRoutine with a delay of 150ms after you stop typing and after 2 characters have been entered.
- Data can then be entered on the Enter Employee Data web page. Note that initially this page will contain employee number, surname and given name only. You can enter other data via the weblets that support these field values.
- Note that the Start Date DatePicker allows year and month to be selected, within a 10 year range of current date. These limits can be adjusted by changing the weblet properties.
- The Comments std_varchar weblet applies word wrap as you type beyond the width of the control.
- Check box and Radio Group return values according to your selection.
- The Save button will return to the Select an Employee web page.
- Enter data for more than one employee.
- On the Select an Employee page, use the Show Saved List button to display the current saved list of entries, via the showlist WebRoutine.
- On the Select an Employee page, use the Clear Saved List to clear the saved list and then repeat your testing