WAM125 - Define a Dynamic Menu
The jQuery UI Menubar can be defined dynamically using a working list. This exercise demonstrates how a login WAM could establish a custom menu for each group of users.
- A login WAM will handle two users ids ADMIN and USER.
- Only the ADMIN user will have access to the Applications menu
To meet these requirements the login WAM requires the following:
- Session Management must be enabled only if the login is valid
- The lists MNUSAVE and MNULIST which define the menu items, must be built with menu sub-items for Applications, only for the user ADMIN.
- All WAMs using this menu must be part of the same session group
- WAMs using this menu must transfer to the login WAM if a session is not active
- A working list must be output with fields which support the jQuery UI Menubar weblet.
- Two versions of the menu list are required:
- MNUSAVE will be the persistent version which is saved and restored by all WAMs using this menu.
- MNULIST will be the output version of the list which defines the menubar weblet menu items.
- The menu bar in the common layout iiilay01 must be set up to use the menu list, MNULIST
To meet these objectives you will complete the following:
Step 1. Create the Login WAM
Step 2. Redefine the Menubar in Layout iiilay01
Step 3. Test your Login WAM
Step 4. Make Application WAMs part of Session
Step 5. Test the Applications Menu
Step 6. Implement Menu for all Employee WAMs (Optional)