WAM035 - An Employee Update WAM
- Fields defined in a WEB_MAP will be input capable unless the field has an *output attribute
- The field STDRENTRY is the default field returned by many weblets such as a hyperlink, a check box or a radio button.
- Push buttons are may return a number of fields via the submitExtraFields property. You must use the Ellipsis button for this property and set up the field(s) and values(s) to be returned in the Design of… dialog. Always specify the on_click_wrname property before using the Design of… dialog.
- WebRoutines often use a CASE loop for field STDRENTRY to handle different execution logic.
Tips & Techniques
- Web applications often need to use a work field to pass back a value for *output key fields, such as employee number in this example
- Fields may be changed from input to output in the Design view
- You can open a WebRoutine in the Design view from the RDML source editor using the Open WebRoutine icon. See example following:
What You Should Now Know
- You can set on_click_wrname by selecting from a dropdown list – provided the WebRoutine is defined in your RDML code.
- How to code a simple WAM to perform display/update logic.
- How to use the TRANSFER command to invoke a WebRoutine.