7.17.5 SOAP Server Wizard Naming Conventions
Service Operation Name conventions:
- Start operation name with a lowercase letter as in the following example:
SOAP Server Type conventions.
- Start type with an uppercase letter.
- Start element/variable name with at least two lowercase letters.
- Do not start element/variable name with a number.
- Do not embed numbers in element/variable name. If a number is embedded then uppercase the first letter after the number.
- Do not use an element/variable name of typeDesc. The Apache Axis WSDL2Java program generates bean classes with a member variable with this name.
Example of element/variable names:
- An Apache Axis generated bean class can only have a maximum of 254 member variables. This is due to the Java constructor limit of 254 parameters.
- Axis creates JSR-101 compliant Java names from SOAP XML names using the following method:
org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils.xmlNameToJava ( xmlName )
Example of a SOAP Server Wizard generated bean class
Example of Apache Axis WSDL2Java generated bean class