INT008 – Department & Employee Client (Optional)
- The HTTPInboundXMLBindService and HTTPOutboundXMLBindService can be used effectively on opposite sides of a transaction.
- The HTTPOutboundXMLService is useful when *POSTing content.
- The same XML must be used to create both sides of the client/server transaction.
- Wherever one side creates inbound bindings, the other side creates outbound bindings (and vice versa). The same complementary rule is true for GET and SET commands.
Tips & Techniques
- Use a from to call the client Integrator function
- It is useful to code each side of a client/server interaction separately, but keeping in mind exactly what is expected from each side.
What I Should Know
- How to create a client-side RDMLX function using HTTPOutboundXMLBindService
- How to code and understand both sides of an XML interaction.
- How to test a server-side function using a complementary client-side function.