INT004 - Department Inquiry Bindings
In this step, you will use the XML Binding Wizard to create the outbound response binding iiiPRO04_response.jar.. This jar file will bind the outbound XML from the Server to send to the client. You will define the mappings from your LANSA fields into the XML response document.
1. With your iii Training project open, right click on Solutions to create a New Solution.
2. Select the XML Binding Wizard tool from the Tool dropdown.
3. Create the new Solution in the XML Response group.
4. Type iiiPRO04_response in the Solution File input field. Click OK. The New XML Binding Project dialog will appear.
5. Select the Browse button and select the source XML file.
a. A File Open dialog will be displayed.
b. Click on the iiiPRO04_response.xml file to select it.
c. Click on the Open button.
d. Click on the OK button.
6. The XML Binding Wizard main window will appear. Change the Package name to com.iiicompany.service.xml
7. You will now map the XML tag Description to the LANSA field DEPTDESC as follows:
a. Select the Outbound checkbox (You will be creating the outbound response binding). A new Outbound tab will appear.
b. Select the Outbound tab. Right click on the DepartmentResponse root tag and select Fragment option from the pop-up menu.
c. Right click on Department Description and select Edit from the pop-up menu.
d. In the Field Attributes dialog, type in DEPTDESC for the Name and click OK. Your mapping should look like the following:
8. Create the outbound request binding as follows:
a. Select the Project menu and choose the Build option. This generates and compiles the project in order to create the necessary jar file to do the outbound request binding. You could also have used the Build toolbar button.
9. Using the File menu, select the Save option. Alternatively, click the Save toolbar button.
10. Close the XML Wizard.
11. Once again, in your XML Response solution group, note that a number of files have been generated, some of which you will use to build the rest of the application.