INT011 - Create Excel Document
This is an advanced exercise and only brief instructions have been provided.
1. Create a new process iiiPRO10 – Excel Example. Create an RDMLX function iiiFN12 – Create Employee Excel, using template JSMXSKEL for the service ExcelService.
2. As you have seen in an earlier exercise, this template uses a subroutine KEYWRD to construct the field JSMXCMD. Using RDMLX coding techniques this approach is not really needed, since one statement (ASSIGN command) can create the complicated string needed for each JSM command (JSMXCMD).
3. Delete the KEYWRD subroutine.
4. Change the SERVICE_LOAD logic to create the command using an ASSIGN command. e.g.
* BUILD THE SERVICE LOAD COMMAND
#jsmxcmd := 'SERVICE_LOAD SERVICE(ExcelService)'
USE BUILTIN(jsmx_command) WITH_ARGS(#jsmxhdle1 #jsmxcmd) TO_GET(#jsmsts #jsmmsg)
EXECUTE SUBROUTINE(CHECK_STS) With_Parms(#JSMXHDLE1)
Remove unnecessary code. Each of your JSMX_command built-in function executions should use this structure.
5. Define a working list named EMPLOYS, for employee data containing EMPNO, GIVENAME, SURNAME, STARTDTER, PHONEHME, and SALARY. Allow for *MAX entries.
6. Refer to the LANSA Integrator Guide / Java Services Manager Services / ExcelService. Having read these notes you should know that once your function has built a list of employees, it needs to do the following: