INT013 - Create PDF Output using PDFDocumentService
- The PDFDocumentService enables complex and dynamic PDF documents to be produced.
- The format of the PDF document is defined in an XML template
- Your RDML produces the PDF based on the structure defined by the XML
- Your RDML "adds content" into the PDF document
- The page is defined as a grid in using units of points. An A4 landscape page is 590 x 840 points for example.
- The bottom left corner is location 0,0
Tips & Techniques
- Time spent planning your document layout in some detail, will speed up the overall task
What I Should Know
- How to define the content of the PDF document using an XML template
- How to create PDF document using the PDFDocumentService.