INT009B - SOAP Service - Define Agent
- Knowledge of web services standards and protocols is not required to create this SOAP Agent.
- LANSA's RDML or RDMLX code or a 3GL such as ILE RPG may be used to create the business logic used by this SOAP Agent.
Tips & Techniques
- This example used fragments for a simple list, because no simple field values were being returned. When field values are returned as well as a simple list, the recurring entries can be defined as a list and the results are mapped into a working list or 3GL data structure.
- The supplied code turns on tracing at the service level. You should turn this off for deployment to a production system.
What I Should Know
- The essential steps necessary to use LANSA Integrator Studio to implement a SOAP Agent solution – that is, a solution that calls or consumes a web service.
- That LANSA Integrator generates components that handle the complexities of web services standards and protocols.
- How to create a Visual LANSA application program that uses a SOAP Agent solution to call the web service.