IBM i – Work with JVM Jobs
You can use the Work with JVM Jobs (WRKJVMJOB) CL command to collect performance data.
You can access the information available from the WRKJVMJOB command from both the Work with Job (WRKJOB) screen as well as by issuing the WRKJVMJOB command.
The following information or functionality is available when using WRKJVMJOB:
- The arguments and options with which the JVM was started.
- Environment variables for both ILE and PASE for i.
- Java lock requests outstanding for the JVM job.
- Garbage collection information.
- The list of threads associated with the JVM.
- The partially completed job log for the JVM job.
- The ability to work with spooled input and output files for the JVM job.
- The ability to generate JVM (system, heap, Java) dumps from a panel option. These capabilities are also available from the Generate JVM Dump (GENJVMDMP) command.
- The ability to enable and disable verbose garbage collection from a panel option.