- As you set component properties (names, captions, etc. on the Details tab) the DEFINE_COM statements are updated in the RDML code. Alternatively, you can directly edit the DEFINE_COM statements.
- There are many different ways to perform the same operation, such as using commands on a ribbon or context menu options.
Tips & Techniques
- Review all the editor settings to determine the options that you want to use when working in Visual LANSA.
- When editing source code, using the Auto Hide tab feature will enable the maximum amount of space for viewing your source code.
What You Should Know
- The basic structure of the code in a form
- How the form and components are related to the source.
- How to add components to a form.
- How to change the properties of a component on a form using the Details tab.
- How to define events for a component.
- How to compile and execute a form.