FRM110 - Check Out / In to IBM i
- Objectives:To introduce the concepts of Master and Slave development in a distributed development environment.
- To learn how to refresh object lists from the LANSA for i Master Repository.
- To learn how to check out objects from the LANSA for i Master Repository.
- To learn how to check in objects to the LANSA for i Master Repository.
- To learn how to delete objects locally and in the LANSA for i Master Repository.
In order to complete this exercise, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have task tracking properly configured on LANSA for I, in order to work with the Visual LANSA environment.
- You must have a valid user profile to access the IBM i and the LANSA for i development environment.
- You must have a valid task ID to use for development on LANSA for i.
- You must have a properly installed and configured Visual Slave Workstation with a working connection to the LANSA for i Master System.
- You must be a licensed Visual LANSA developer and you must have the proper LANSA for i licenses installed that allow both IBM i and Visual LANSA development. You cannot complete this exercise if you are using a trial (unlicensed) version of Visual LANSA.
Note: This exercise cannot be completed if you are using an Independent Visual LANSA System.
To achieve these objectives you must complete the following:
Step 1. Create a LANSA for i Object
Step 2. Refresh Objects in Visual LANSA
Step 3. Check Out Object
Step 4. Check In Changes
Step 5. Delete from Repository
Before You Begin
In order to complete this exercise, it is recommended that you complete the preceding exercises or are at least familiar with the Visual LANSA user interface.
You may wish to review the following topics:
In the User Guide, review the Check In and Check Out and the Propagation tabs.
In the Administrator Guide, review Host Monitor.