- The FOR loop should be used to read a list in its sorted sequence.
- The SELECTLIST will always read a list in its original loaded order.
Tips & Techniques
- List performance is directly related to the number of entries. Ensure you give users sufficient filtering capabilities, so they do not have to create large lists.
- When testing lists, ensure you include using volumes of entries which reflect your production database.
What You Should Know
- How to enable sorting in list component columns.
- How to process a list component's entries in sorted sequence.
- How to process a list component's entries in unsorted sequence.
- How to sequence a combo box's entries.