- Field visualizations can be used in LANSA components such as forms, reusable parts or web pages.
- Fields types such as Alpha, String, Decimal and Signed have a simple entry field as the default visualization, but many other types of visualizations, such as Radio buttons, drop downs, spin buttons, and other visualizations may be added.
- Field types such as DateTime have specialized visualizations that include features like calendar prompts.
- You can control which visualization is used by default. In the example of the iiiEmployNotes field, you would want a multiline entry field to be used instead of a single entry field. Hence, the multiline field was defined as the default visualization.
Tips and Techniques
- Field visualizations ensure a consistent presentation of your fields.
- Field visualizations can be extremely powerful in the case of simple list selections. For example, a field GENDER can be visualized as Male and Female radio buttons or as a list of values in a combo box. By defining this visualization once, it is automatically available to all components.
What I Should Know
- How to create a field visualization.
- How to perform simple changes to the field visualization definitions.
- How to set the default visualization.