- Field validation rules are applied when table operations are performed. Because you have not yet created any tables, you cannot test the field validation rules in this exercise.
- There may be many ways of performing the same check.
Tips and Techniques
- Remember that most business rules should be defined for a table, not a field.
- If you use messages with the variables (e.g. &1), validation error handling will substitute the field label for this variable.
What I Should Know
- How to define rules for a field in the LANSA Repository.
- How to control the action performed when a rule is checked.
- How to define error messages for rules.
- How to adopt rules from a reference field.