REP007 - File Validation Rules/Triggers
In this step, you will create a validation check on the iiiSalary field to ensure that its value is less than 10000. (The field already has a rule stating that it cannot be 0). The rule will be a range check.
1. The iiiEmployees file should be open in the Editor. The Rules and trigger tab and Details tab should be visible.
2. Select the iiiSalary field in the list of rules.
3. In the Rules and Triggers group on the Home ribbon, expand the Add menu to select Add Range Check.
4. In the Details tab, create the rule as follows:
5. Complete the Actions section, to define the list check rule as follows:
6. Save your file definition.