- Virtual fields must be first be defined in the Repository. The virtual fields can then be added to the table definition.
- Code fragment derivation which involves calculation, can only be defined as Derive value when record is read.
- Code fragments such as for iiiFullEmployNumber, which concatenate field values, can be defined as Derive value when record is read and Populate real field when writing to the table.
- Virtual fields can have validation rules, just like real fields.
Tips and Techniques
- The Multi-add fields feature can add both real and virtual fields.
- Virtual fields cannot be used as key fields.
What I Should Know
- What are the different types of virtual fields.
- How to add virtual fields to a table.