- Compared with exercise WBF110 you will notice very little difference when expanding a tree level. In both cases, you have already retrieved the data from the server.
- In this example, you populate each level when it is expanded, from a working lists which you have already downloaded.
- For a database having a large number of records, you may decide to populate level 1 and retrieve level 2 and 3 from the server when required.
- For files with a much larger number of records, you could limit the tree to a range of records at level 1.
Tips and Techniques
- You can always learn more about controls using F2 to open the Features tab.
- From the Features tab you can double click to display the help for an individual property, event or method.
What You Should Know
- How to implement a tree which loads on demand using the List control.