DTE010 – Set Up the Deployment Tool
Cross referencing allows you to select an object (for example, a Function or Component) for inclusion in a Version or Patch, and then have all, or selected types, of the related executable and definition objects automatically included at build time.
Any default options defined here can be overridden when editing the Version or Patch, but the investment of time to set up your default values correctly can by-pass several repetitive steps in the definition process.
1. Before opening the Default Cross Reference Options dialog, open LANSA Deployment Tool Guide and review Default Cross Reference Settings.
Note that the cross referencing facilities are extremely flexible:
Leave the online guide open, you will refer to it again in a later step.
2. Open the Default Cross Reference Settings dialog from the View menu:
Note: When you first use the Deployment Tool, no default cross reference settings are defined for any object type.
3. Setting are defined by selecting one object type at a time and then defining the cross referencing required.
Select Forms and select options to:
a. Automatically apply the default options.
b. Cross reference Components.
c. Select the option to Cascade Selection.
4. Select Reusable Parts and set the same defaults as Forms.
5. Click OK to save your settings and close the dialog.