DTE015 – Create Client Server Application
1. Execute your Main form (copy of II_MAIN) as a DirectX application.
It should initially look like the following:
2. Complete the Connect and Options tab and click the Connect button.
3. Use your Visual LANSA user and password. The Administrator button on the Super Server Connect form runs the LANSA Communications Administrator, showing your IBM i server details (defines server name or server IP Address).
You can look up conversion table names from your Visual LANSA install configuration.
4. Select About from the right hand side toolbar. In the Product Information dialog, select the Installation Details tab. Expand the InstalledSettings.cfg entry and scroll down to find the Translation Tables for your system:
5. Enter these values to the Options tab in the Connect form.
6. Once the server connection is made, the connect form signals the event uConnectionCreated. The main form then loads the DataStore (copy of II_STORE) component which will populate itself from the Personnel file, PSLMST. The browser component (copy of II_BRWSR) on the left of the main form is then populated with all employees.
7. Double click an employee in the browser to display its details:
The toolbar buttons support Save and New.