WAM065 - Controlling List Output
- Other techniques you could use to control a large list of results, include showing a list of the page numbers available, as below, and enabling the user to jump to the page required.
- This example also enables the user to change the number of entries per page. One simple way to do this is to add an anchor to the page size value and use this to switch between two values such as 10 and 25.
- Another more sophisticated technique uses a working list, displayed as a single row, as in this example. This makes it easy to handle any number of pages and disable the link for the current page.
Tips & Techniques
- The technique used here will work well on large files.
- Of course your search criteria would likely be much more sophisticated than used here.
- The SELECT_SQL statement will enable you to read one or more files rapidly and also implement much more flexible search criteria. See also the free format version of SELECT_SQL.
- The Autocomplete weblet includes a cache property. If cache = true, the selection will be refined locally as you continue to type, rather than going back to the server. For example the following initial response:
will be refined to the following as you continue to type into the input box, without making a second call to the server:
What You Should Know
- How to implement the list paging images weblet. You could also have used the list paging buttons weblet
- How to implement the AutoComplete weblet.