WAM085 - Enhancing the User Interface
This WAM will use the new fields that you have just created. It will also build on the previous exercise, by enabling session management and saving a working list of each set of data entered.
This WAM will operate as follows:
1. Create a new WAM:
Description: Enhancing the Interface
Layout weblet: iiilay01
2. Create the following four WebRoutines:
* Start session and transfer to select
Webroutine Name(begin) Onentry(*sessionstatus_none)
* Request an employee number
Webroutine Name(select) Desc('Select an Employee')
* Fetch employee and accept input
Webroutine Name(showpage) Desc('Enter employee details')
* Display the saved working list
Webroutine Name(showlist) Desc('Saved list of employee data')
3. Note that the begin WebRoutine has an onentry() keyword of *sessionstatus_none. This will be the first WebRoutine executed to start session management.
Use the F7 key to display the WAM properties on the Details tab and enable session management:
4.Save your changes.