WAM085 - Enhancing the User Interface
- Only weblet field visualizations that are likely to change very infrequently, should be defined in the Repository
- Field types Date, DateTime, Time and String will be given weblet visualizations by default.
- The Design view provides a powerful graphical editor, that enables the developer to rapidly refine the page design and layout.
- You will always require some knowledge of HTML and style sheets (CSS) to be able to work with web page design.
- If your application is aimed at the consumer, you will probably keep the page design much simpler than this example, possibly spread over two or three pages.
Tips & Techniques
- This exercise has demonstrated some aspects of some of the weblets available. The Web Application Modules guide provides more detailed information for all of the weblets.
- You should be aware that fields supported by weblets should always be defined with a suitable default value. The weblet only returns a value when the user selects a value. e.g. only when the user checks or un-checks a check box, does the weblet return a value.
What You Should Know
- How to make use of the available weblets to enhance the user interface.