WAM055 - Using LANSA Debug
- Your Visual LANSA system, PC and LANSA for the Web must be correctly configured to support interactive debug of WAMs. Refer to the Interactive Debugging in the Web Administration Guide for set up details.
Tips and Techniques
- For debug support, make sure that the local Windows user, that is the default user for web jobs, is a member of the Group LANSA and Administrator
- In the LANSA Web Administrator for the local system, use the Configure Data/Application Server to make sure that the Allow Interactive Debug option is checked.
- For remote debug you need to use LANSA Web Administrator for the IBM i server to Allow Interactive Debug. If you have a local DNS then no other changes are needed. Without a local DNS you need to configure the LANSA Listener on the IBM I, adding an entry for each developer PC name and IP Address.
- Debug is supported via a Windows service running on the developer PC, which is started with Visual LANSA.
What You Should Know
- WAMs can be debugged interactively when run locally and also remotely when the WAM is run on the server (IBM i or Windows).