4.15.26 Action WLn (Move Window Left)
Action WLn is used in the report design facility only.
When action WLn is used the following steps occur:
- The current report image "window" is shifted to the left by "n" characters.
- A message is displayed on line 24 indicating what columns of the report image are now being viewed.
Some points about "windowing" are as follows:
- The "window" over the report image is required because very often report image dimensions exceed the dimensions of a workstation screen in both width and length.
- The workstation screen is considered to be a "window" through which the full report image can be viewed. Since the report image is larger than the workstation "window" it is necessary to move the "window" around to view various parts of the report image.
- WLn is the action used to move the workstation window to the left by "n" characters/columns.
- If no value for "n" is specified (i.e. action WL is entered) a default value of (workstation width - 1) is used. This default value causes the left most column in the current window to become the right most column in the new window.
- Where the "n" value specified (or defaulted) would cause a movement beyond column 1 of the report, column 1 of the report will be displayed as the first column in the new window.