1.2 Before You Begin Checklist
Before you start using the Visual LANSA development environment, review the following checklist:
- Do you know the Visual LANSA System Type of your installation? You may be using a Visual LANSA Slave System with a LANSA for i Master System, or you may be using an Independent Visual LANSA System. The system type influences the options available in the Visual LANSA Editor. For further information, in Visual LANSA Administration, refer to
- Are you using Visual LANSA with a LANSA for i Master System? If you are, you should become familiar with Host Monitor Concepts as described in Visual LANSA Administration. In particular, the Example Development Cycle provides a good overview of starting development with Visual LANSA.
- Do you have a Visual LANSA user profile and password in order to logon? (Refer to Logon Parameters in Visual LANSA Administration.)
- Do you know the partition that you will be using when you logon?
- Do you have a task ID assigned for completing your work in Visual LANSA? A task ID is required at logon.
Visual LANSA Administration provides details to assist in the configuration of the Visual LANSA environment.
1.1 How Do I Get Started?
1.3 How Do I Populate the Repository?
Ý 1. Getting Started with Visual LANSA