&<img src="../resources/images/opentocr.png" title="Open Contents list" border="0"&>
You can use references to:
- Dynamically create and destroy components. In this way you can control the life span of components and the memory use of your application. For information, refer to Dynamic Multi-Form Application.
- Pass values between components. Referencing is the most efficient way of communicating between components.
- Communicate with ActiveX (COM) components. For details, refer to ActiveX Controls.
References are set and used in:
- The REFERENCE parameter of the DEFINE_COM command
- In the PASS *BY_REFERENCE parameter of the DEFINE_MAP command
&<img src="../resources/images/opentoc-dark.png" title="Open Contents List" border="0"&>