- Working knowledge of IBM i.
- Experience with the LANSA environment. This is an asset but not essential.
- No LANSA programming experience is required to perform the installation.
IBM i System
- An IBM actively supported version of the IBM i Operating System with the latest PTFs applied.
Refer to the Supported Platforms and Versions document, for supported platforms/software compatibility.
- Minimum disk space of 2 gigabytes is required to install LANSA for IBM i and LANSA Integrator.
- RPG and C/C++ compilers (if using RDMLX).
- SEU Editor.
Note: The SEU (Source Edit Utility) is recommended for editing templates and help text. Edit File command (EDTF) will be used if SEU is unavailable.
SEU is required if you wish to use the optional features of editing virtual RPG code.
- TCP/IP Port requirements.
The following port numbers are set by default. If they are not suitable for your organization or are already in use for different products, you need to change them for LANSA web, LANSA Listener, and Integrator to work.
The defaults are:
- Integrator Admin port 4561
- IBM HTTP Server powered by Apache, installed and correctly configured.
- If using SELECT_SQL, then Db2 Query Manager and SQL Development Kit is required for compiling functions.
- If using spool file Built-In Functions, a supported Web Server must be installed.
A new install will grant a seven day temporary license. This excludes LANSA Integrator.
Refer to your LANSA vendor for a permanent LANSA license.
Refer to Product Licensing on the LANSA web site for information.