Modify the Command Handler
By default all fields on the command handler are enabled and can be updated. However, you need to make sure that the xEmployIdentification field which identifies the employee record is not updated. You could make it write protected, but because the identification number is shown in the command handler window title, you can make it invisible on the panel.
- Display the Visual LANSA editor and open your command handler.
- Double-click the xEmployIdentification field in the Design tab to display its properties.
- Deselect the Visible property to set it to False.
- Compile your command handler.
- Execute the Framework as VLF-ONE application.
- Verify that the Employee Number in your command handler is only shown in the window title.