- Both forms and processes are executed using the Execute... context menu option.
- Applications can be executed from within the Visual LANSA editor or from the desktop.
- A live application would start from a shortcut on the desktop
Tips & Techniques
- You can also execute applications by pressing Ctrl + Shift + E or by using the toolbar icons.
- When run locally on your desktop, forms and processes are Windows DLL components which are loaded by the LANSA x_run executable. X_RUN.EXE is part of the LANSA run-time system.
- Visual LANSA application can execute in client/server mode to access data on the IBM i.
- Icons in the LANSA folder enable applications to be started in client server mode against an IBM i server. A change to these settings will enable an application to run against a Windows server.
What I Should Know
- How to execute a LANSA application from within LANSA.
- How to execute a LANSA application from the Execution History list.
- How to execute a LANSA application from the desktop.