- GROUP_BY's define a set of fields and simplify your code and reduce future maintenance effort.
- The MESSAGE command can display text messages or display a message from a message file.
- Database command have a VAL_ERROR() parameter, with a default value of *LASTDISPLAY. On error, this setting will branch to the routines EndRoutine statement.
- Event handling routines have a Com_Cursor parameter, which enables a "busy cursor" to be implemented.
Tips & Techniques
- Always use the Command Assistant or AutoComplete with commands such as GROUP_BY that require a list of field names.
- Always consider whether to provide the user with additional feedback such as a "busy cursor".
What I Should Know
- How to define a GROUP_BY command
- How to define a MESSAGE command
- How to use the INSERT command
- How to define a BEGIN_LOOP/END_LOOP command
- How to use the Status Bar component to display application messages
- How to implement a "busy cursor"
- Be aware of other forms of "delay" feedback that are available.