- Use the LANSA SELECT_SQL command to build powerful queries over one or more tables.
- The SELECT_SQL command provides read only access to tables.
- This application can easily be extended to delete an employee note or add a new employee note.
- The Pop Up reusable part provides an easy-to-use pop up for your web page. Interaction between web page and pop up is handled by LANSA properties, events and methods.
- The Message Box control provides a simple-to-implement message box that will fit into most applications.
- Employee data was displayed using a number of field visualizations based on their Repository definition. For example, Title.
Tips and Techniques
- Use F1 in the editor to display help from the Technical Guide for any command.
- Put web page initialization code in the CreateInstance event so that it completes before the page is displayed.
- Test your SQL statement on the target platform and database before implementing your LANSA application.
- Your SQL code may need to cater for platform differences if you want the application to run on more than one type of server.
- Validation errors from the server module are returned to the web page as a collection of Messages in the component Sys_MsgQ. Read these messages in a FOR/ENDFOR loop to add them to a message box for display.
What You Should Know
- How to build an application that handles updates from a list control.
- How to implement a Message Box control.
- How to implement a Pop Up reusable part.